FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
We have provided a list of answers ot the most frequently asked questions in the FAQ section. If you have further questions , please contact us.
Shipping & Delivery
How to set the locks ?
Repair & Care
To ensure your RIMOWA remains in fine condition, please note the following recommendations:
To remove dust or dirt, use a damp cloth or non-abrasive sponge with clean water. Stubborn or sticky residue can be safely removed using a simple alcohol, such as Isopropyl.
For any light scuffs or scrapes on the surface of your case, use RIMOWA’s wax-free polish & repair paste (Not recommended for use on any RIMOWA with a matte finish). We like to think of any deep dents or scratches as the unique patina of your case as these can not be removed. Embrace them – this is what makes your RIMOWA unique.
To care and clean any leather components, use a mild cleaning agent and a soft cloth to gently remove any surface dirt. Occasionally, it’s a good idea to treat the leather with a conventional, neutrally coloured maintenance product.
Avoid using any of the following, as they will damage your RIMOWA: scouring detergents, abrasive cloths or sponges, window cleaning agents, vinegar based cleaners and disinfectants, solvents, dilutions and aggressive alcohols, petroleum distillates or nail polish remover. Be gentle.
Should you need to have your RIMOWA repaired, our Client Care team will be happy to assist you. Please contact our team online or visit your closest RIMOWA store for assistance.
Find your nearest Client Care Center or store here.
You are entitled to return all products from the RIMOWA online shop and RIMOWA stores within 30 days of receiving the merchandise, provided the merchandise is complete, unused, and undamaged.
For online purchases, please note we can only accept return shipments from the same country to which they were delivered. Visit your account to create a return label for your RIMOWA online shop purchase.
For store purchases, please visit your RIMOWA store to return your product(s) and get a credit note or exchange for the product(s). Your statutory rights are not affected.
RIMOWA accepts returns of limited editions (special offers which are limited in time such as RIMOWA brand collaborations) within 14 days from receiving the merchandise for a full refund, under the condition that the merchandise is complete, unused, and undamaged. RIMOWA only accepts return shipments from the same country to which the merchandise has been delivered.
Visit your account to create a return label for your RIMOWA online shop purchase.
From the date of delivery, you have 30 days to return your item(s). Products should be returned unused, undamaged, and packaged in their original boxes.
All returns are free of charge using our pre-paid e-return label, which can be created in your account. If you don't yet have a RIMOWA account, register here to complete the return process online. If you already have an existing RIMOWA account, log in to choose the product you wish to return. Print and attach the designated pre-paid return shipping label on your parcel and deposit at a UPS Access Point for pick up.
Your refund will take approximately 2-7 business days between the receipt of the returned merchandise and refund.
Once your merchandise has been successfully received, you will receive an email notifying you of the total refund amount to be credited to your account.
If your order had been declined, our Client Care team will be happy to assist you. Please reach out either by phone, email, or by filling out this contact form.
Start shopping with us by using your preferred delivery country on the top of our website "SHIP TO". Shop by category – from luggage to accessories – to select your item. Click “purchase” to add the item to your cart and proceed to check out. You can also search for your preferred item by using our search function. Choose to place your order as either a guest or sign into your RIMOWA account for a speedier, more efficient check out. To complete your purchase, enter your data including shipping and billing address, preferred delivery (express or standard), and agree to the terms & conditions. Your shipment should now be on the way! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Client Care team by phone, email or by filling out this contact form.
About tax increase at RIMOWA online store
In accordance with Japan tax increase scheduled on 10/01/2019, RIMOWA online store (RIMOWA.com) will apply 10% tax from 09/28/2019. Tax must be calculated based on the rate in effect when the product is delivered (shipment). Therefore, the 10% tax will be applied on all items ordered from 09/28/2019 as they are scheduled to be shipped on 10/01/2019 or later. 8% tax will be applied till 09/27/2019 23:59.
If you wish to exchange an item purchased with the 8% tax on RIMOWA online store (RIMOWA.com), no tax increase will be applied as there will be no refund or billing process. However, exchange is only permitted on same reference product. A size or color change will not be considered as an exchange. After returning your product, you will be able to place a new order with the desired color and size with the price listed on RIMOWA online store (RIMOWA.com).
About tax increase in RIMOWA stores and department corners
In RIMOWA stores and department corners, the 10% tax will be applied starting from 10/01/2019 store opening hour. Tax must be calculated based on the rate in effect when the product is received. If an order placed on 09/30/2019 is to be received after 10/01/2019, the 10% tax will be applied.
About tax increase for repair services
For repaired items to be picked up in store after repair, 8% tax will be applied for repairs services picked up by the customer before 9/30/2019. 10% tax will be applied if items are picked up after 10/01/2019.
For repaired items that are shipped after repair, 8% tax will be applied if the shipment from our care center is made before 09/30/2019. 10% tax will be applied if the shipment is made after 10/01/2019.
You can easily register your suitcase online at RIMOWA.com/myRIMOWA to benefit from our 5-year manufacturer’s guarantee in accordance with the conditions written in our guarantee manual.
Registering your RIMOWA is simple. Just set up a RIMOWA account, complete the online form specifying your personal data, and enter your RIMOWA's unique serial number. You will find your RIMOWA's serial number on the outside frame of your suitcase.
RIMOWA suitcases are made of either aluminium or polycarbonate.
Aluminium – We think a lot about aluminium. For the past 80 years, it has helped define everything we do. We often say it has ""persönlichkeit"" – or personality – because it changes and evolves over time. The extremely durable, premium quality aluminium-magnesium alloy we use for all our suitcases is fully recyclable. With naturally occurring corrosion resistant qualities, we incorporate an additional high-end anodization layering procedure which makes our suitcases particularly robust. Undeniably timeless, the resilience of this remarkable metal is part of the reason we’ve dedicated so many years to nurturing its potential. Built for a lifetime of journeys, our aluminium suitcases are a work in progress. They might be made by our hands, but they're defined by those who travel with them. Hallmarked with the inevitable dents and scratches of time, every RIMOWA is a vehicle for storytelling. As individual as a fingerprint, each record on its surface is a memory, a story, and a physical representation of its owner’s character.
Polycarbonate – A transparent, virtually unbreakable plastic, polycarbonate was first patented in 1953. An essential component used in the production of body armour and bulletproof glass, its chemical structure allows it to absorb an incredible amount of force. For RIMOWA, it means the outer shell of our extremely light, but highly durable polycarbonate cases can also react elastically under load and yield, so when the external pressure diminishes, they simply spring back to their original shape. As the first company to design and manufacture polycarbonate suitcases, we take our production standards very seriously. With two seals in place for safety and long-term quality from the German inspection organisation TÜV, and with thermal resistance proven in controlled temperatures of +125°C to -100°C, this magnificent material makes our luggage hard-wearing, robust and recyclable.
We consider any scratches or dents that appear as the suitcase's patina. They are an evolving record of your travels, a history meant to be celebrated.
Each RIMOWA has its advantages, and each client is unique. But we have some recommendations for you.
If you usually travel for short periods of time (1-2 days) and prefer to carry on your luggage when flying, the Cabin S might be what you're looking for. Need a little extra space? The Cabin or Cabin Plus are perfect carry-on sizes with a bit of extra space. Use our airline compatibility chart located on each product page to check if your desired Cabin case is compatible with your airline of preference.
If you're looking for a suitcase for longer trips, we suggest our Check-In models. Check-In M and Check-In L are the perfect sizes for extended journeys. Planning an even longer trip or looking for a suitcase with a unique RIMOWA shape? Then the Trunk or Trunk Plus is the way to go. Inspired by the original RIMOWA trunks of the past, these are timeless classics engineered to offer travellers optimum capacity and long-lasting performance with an iconic shape that is undeniably distinctive.
RIMOWA products are sold in RIMOWA stores, at select wholesale partners, and online on our website.
Find the store nearest to you here.
RIMOWA x GEWA
Considering the case’s humidity is an important factor, the integrated hygrometer can be used to measure the case’s relative humidity.
In the event that it drops too low, use the provided humidifier to raise the humidity inside the case.
1. Open the lid and fill the humidifier with water until it emerges from evaporation vents.
2. Firmly close the lid to create a vacuum and initiate humidifying.
3. Turn the ring to uncover the ventilation holes and set your preferred humidity level.
To enjoy the beauty of your product for years to come, we recommend that you observe the following instructions:
• Take care not to scratch it against abrasive materials.
• Remove dust or dirt from the aluminium shell with a cloth or non-abrasive sponge dampened with clean water.
• Remove stubborn or sticky residue from the aluminium shell using a simple alcohol like Isopropyl alcohol.
• Do not wash, dry clean, iron, bleach or tumble dry.
• Avoid contact with water, oils, perfume or cosmetics.
• If your item gets wet, remove any excess moisture without rubbing, dab with
• a soft cloth instead and let dry at room temperature.
• To remove dust or dirt, use a soft brush or non-abrasive sponge dampened with clean water.
• Please keep in mind that some humid and hot environments may cause slight colour transfer through friction, particularly when wearing light colours.
The RIMOWA × GEWA Violin Case features the same locking system as our Classic suitcases.
Learn how to use the TSA-approved locks on your suitcase in a few simple steps HERE.
RIMOWA X PALACE
Twelve Bottle Case
1. Add products to your cart.
2. Select gift wrapping from your cart page. Gift wrapping option can be modified from order confirmation page as well.
RIMOWA x RTFKT
NFT stands for Non-Fungible Token. An NFT, unlike a fungible item, such as fiat currency, can neither be replaced or interchanged because of its unique properties. NFTs are digital assets that can represent digital collectibles like art, music, or games, with a built-in certificate of authenticity, enabled by blockchain technology. The blockchain is a distributed, public, and transparent digital ledger, which makes cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum, as well as NFTs, tradeable without the need of a third party mediator.
Cryptocurrency wallets are software used to communicate with blockchain networks to safely access, send, and receive crypto funds or NFTs.
Creating a wallet is necessary to purchase NFTs. There are a few important steps to make that happen:
- There are a number of different wallet options to choose from. There are mobile, desktop and hardware wallets. For example, MetaMask is a mobile and desktop wallet, Rainbow is a mobile wallet, while Ledger and Trezor are hardware wallets. Hardware wallets offer an additional layer of security as your private keys are stored offline on a physical device, and every transaction requires you to physically sign in the hardware wallet.
- Once you’ve created your wallet, you will be able to view a 12-24 word sequence— this is your seed/secret recovery phrase. Pro tip: write your seed phrase down on a piece of paper (do not take a screenshot or a picture) and store it somewhere safe. If you forget your wallet password, the only way to restore your wallet is with your seed/secret recovery phase. Never, under any circumstances, share this phrase with anyone. If someone asks for your phrase assume they are a bad actor.
- Once you have your wallet set up, you will need to purchase some Ether (ETH) in order to begin buying NFTs. You can purchase ETH, along with other cryptocurrencies, on exchanges like Gemini or Coinbase, and then transfer the purchased amount to your non-custodial wallet to buy NFTs. Note, some banks have restrictions on how much money you can deposit at a time into an exchange, and some exchanges have restrictions on how much money you can transfer out at a time. It is recommended that you buy any ETH you wish to use for NFT purchases at least 5 days before so that your ETH will clear in time and you can transfer it to your non-custodial wallet. Another method is to use the apps directly on the wallet which directs you to an integrated third-party exchange rail (i.e. MoonPay on MetaMask), which you can buy crypto using fiat/credit card directly into your wallet.
A digital form of currency in which transactions are verified and records are maintained by a decentralized system using cryptography, rather than a centralized authority.
Cryptocurrencies, like Ether, are available for sale and trading on digital asset exchanges. Some popular crypto exchanges include: FTX, Coinbase, Binance, Crypto.com, and Gemini.
Ether (ETH) is the main token housed on the Ethereum blockchain and the world's second-largest cryptocurrency by market capitalisation. As with any other cryptocurrency, such as Bitcoin or Dogecoin, Ether can be used as payment directly to another person or entity without the need for a centralized intermediary, such as a bank.
Minting, or to mint, an NFT means converting digital data into crypto collections or digital assets that are recorded on the blockchain. The digital products or files will be stored in a distributed ledger or decentralized database and cannot be edited, modified, or deleted.
Forging refers to the process by which an NFT is used as a redemption mechanism to access a physical item. Influenced by gaming culture and different lore, RTFKT has branded and popularized the term "forging" to represent the transformation of digital fashion NFTs into their physical counterparts.
You will need to setup a cryptocurrency wallet in order to purchase and store your NFT.
One per wallet.
A live draw will be held on October 27th. To register, you will need to have a cryptocurrency wallet, with a minmum amount of 0.12 ETH. Additional details about how to register for the raffle will be shared across RTFKT and RIMOWA social platforms ahead of the raffle start date.
No, all sales are final.
You can trade your minted RIMOWA x RTFKT NFT at any time on secondary marketplaces like OpenSea; however, after the forging event, the original minted NFT will not carry any planned future utlity. During forging, RIMOWA x RTFKT NFT holders will be asked to burn their NFT's in exchange for a new RIMOWA X RTFKT NFT that represent access to the physical item.
During the forging event, RIMOWA x RTFKT NFT holders will be asked to provide a shipping address for the physical suitcase to be delivered.
The physical suitcase benefits from RIMOWA's lifetime guarantee.
The Forging Event will take place between May 29th - June 5th 2023. More details on rimowa.rtfkt.com.
HARNESS ASSEMBLING INSTRUCTIONS
1. Place the open harness on the suitcase. Ensure that the top straps sit beside the top handle.
2. Clip the right-hand-side straps together.
3. Repeat the process with the straps on the left side.
4. Pass the straps under the handle and secure to your suitcase.
This luggage harness is meant to fit the RIMOWA Original, Classic, Essential, Essential Lite and Hybrid suitcases in the following sizes only: Cabin U, Cabin S, Cabin and Cabin Plus. This harness will not fit other RIMOWA suitcase sizes and we can not guarantee that the harness will suit any cabin suitcases from other brands.
To enjoy your product for years to come, we recommend the following instructions:
- Take care not to scratch the aluminium against abrasive materials.
- Remove dust or dirt from the aluminium shell with a cloth or non-abrasive sponge dampened with clean water.
- Remove stubborn or sticky residue from the aluminium shell using a simple alcohol like Isopropyl alcohol.
- If the leather gets dirty, or in case of superficial stains, wipe it with a soft and light-coloured cloth.
- Avoid prolonged contact with materials that may transfer colour pigments onto the leather.
- Keep away from humidity and protect it from direct sources of heat and sunlight as the colour of the leather may fade.
1. Open the lock by turning it to 0-0-0 and pushing the button (A).
2. Open the Attaché to access the recessed button (B) situated behind the handle. Push in the button – you can use a ballpoint pen – until it locks in place. You will hear a click.
3. Set your combination by turning the dials. Once done, push button (A). When the mechanism has adjusted to the new combination, you will hear a click.
4. To close and secure the Attaché, simply shut it and turn the dials.
RE-CRAFTED - 2nd hand
A valid personal identification includes a driver’s license, student ID card, health insurance card*, My Number Card, Japanese passport, or any other document issued by public institutions that features the client’s name, address, and age.
Identification must bear the client’s latest address. Paper copies are not accepted.
*Health insurance cards must be accompanied with an original resident record certificate, original receipt of national tax, regional tax or utility bills (electricity/gas/water/NHK receiving fee) dated within the last six months and showing client’s current address.
To use your RIMOWA Electronic Tag , you need to register your suitcase through BAGTAG. Please download the BAGTAG App in the App Store or Google Play and process the registration. Once registered, you can check-in your Electronic Tag for flights with participating airlines as well as customise your display.
In case you enocunter any difficulties while trying to use your RIMOWA Electronic Tag, please contact us through our contact form.
RIMOWA UNIQUE is a customisation service specially designed to add a personal touch to your RIMOWA Classic.
Discover how to make your suitcase unique by visiting the online configurator or inquire about customization options at your local RIMOWA store.
To customise your suitcase online, access RIMOWA UNIQUE here. Next, choose from a range of colorful options for wheels, handles and luggage tags.
US orders: for standard delivery, please expect 3-5 business days. If you choose express delivery, you can expect to receive your customised suitcase within 2-3 business days.
Europe orders: for standard delivery, please expect 2-3 business days. If you choose express delivery, you can expect to receive your customised suitcase within 2 business days.
Japan orders: you will receive your customised suitcase within 2-7 business days.
Korea orders: for standard delivery, please expect 2-3 business days.
Please note that our warehouses are closed on major holidays, so orders placed on those days will be shipped the following business day.
Our customisation service RIMOWA UNIQUE is designed for the RIMOWA Classic and allows you to perfectly colour match all the unique elements of this timeless range, including the vintage-inspired leather handles, wheels and leather luggage tag.
Use the online configurator to custom fit your own RIMOWA Classic here or visit us in-store.
All accessories come standard with a two-year warranty if purchased separately. If you purchase accessories with a RIMOWA Classic, you will benefit from a five-year RIMOWA manufacturer’s guarantee when registering your suitcase online.
Yes ! All accessories are available in stores or online on our website.
Handles, however, cannot be purchased separately online as they require professional installation by our RIMOWA experts.
Yes, our customised suitcases can be returned within 30 days of receiving the merchandise according to our return policy and T&C.
You can return luggage tags only when they have not been personalised with embossed text and/or symbols.
For Japan : For customised suitcases shipped to Japanese address, you cannot return or exchange customised suitcases. You can return wheels only when you have purchased them separately and when they are unused. You can return luggage tags only when they have not been personalised with embossed text and/or symbols.
Please find our installation guide below. Additional elements, such as the T20 Torx screwdriver, are not included in the wheel package.
Step 1 : Using a T20 Torx screwdriver, unscrew the standard wheels.
Step 2 : Remove the standard wheels.
Step 3 : Screw in the new wheels.
Step 4 : You’re done !
Never Still bags collection
To enjoy your bag in its best condition, we recommend that you observe the following instructions:
- Avoid contact with water, oils, perfume or cosmetics.
- If your item gets wet, remove any excess moisture without rubbing, dab with a soft cloth and let dry at room temperature.
- To remove dust or dirt, use a soft brush or non-abrasive sponge dampened with clean water.
- For leather parts, you can use a special cleaner available in leather goods stores.
Please keep in mind that some humid and hot environments may cause slight colour transfer through friction, particularly when wearing light colours.
Should you encounter a problem, visit any one of our RIMOWA stores or contact us online at rimowa.com
This line is made in Italy with a combination of premium materials :
- Cotton and nylon canvas, with water repellent treatment
- Full grain cowhide leather
Made in Cologne, Germany, RIMOWA's Personal collection is crafted from our signature materials and provides a range of versatile lifestyle pieces intended for daily use.
The RIMOWA Personal collection is made in Cologne, Germany.
Our Personal Cross Body-Bag was designed to be a highly functional daily companion. It features 3 card slots, 2 open compartments, 1 zipped compartment, and a zip puller. This allows you to store your daily essentials in an easily accessible way. In addition, the leather strap construction allows you to open the bag without unbuckling the long strap. The body and shoulder straps are made from cow’s leather sourced from Italy.
To preserve the condition of your RIMOWA Personal, please follow these simple care instructions:
• Take care not to scratch your Personal against abrasive materials.
• Remove dust or dirt from the shell with a cloth or non-abrasive sponge dampened with clean water.
• Remove stubborn or sticky residue from the shell using a simple alcohol like Isopropyl alcohol.
To care for its leather interior, please do the following:
• Avoid prolonged contact with materials that may transfer colour pigments onto the leather.
• Keep away from humidity and protect it from direct sources of heat and sunlight.
• If the leather or the webbing get dirty with superficial stains, wipe it with a soft, light-coloured cloth. Should you encounter a problem, visit any one of our RIMOWA stores or contact us online at RIMOWA.com.
Every Personal Cross-Body Bag, Sling Clutch, and Hand Clutch has an individual serial number printed on the inside of the frame. This is a great way to verify that your piece is a RIMOWA original.
You are entitled to return all products, including your RIMOWA Personal, from the RIMOWA online shop and RIMOWA stores within 30 days of receiving the merchandise. You will receive full reimbursement, provided the merchandise is complete, unused and undamaged. Please note that we can only accept return shipments from the same country to which they were delivered.
The RIMOWA iPhone case for iPhone XS is compatible with iPhone X.
Yes, contactless payment does work while using all our Iphone Cases.
Our RIMOWA iPhone cases come with a 2-year global warranty.
To protect your RIMOWA iPhone case and ensure it remains in the best condition, please keep it away from extreme temperatures, acid and alkali.
No, unfortunately our aluminum iPhone cases do not currently support wireless charging. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. However, we are pleased to inform that our leather and sticker iPhone Cases support this function.
RIMOWA Packing Cubes are a flexible organization system that can easily accommodate multiple configurations tailored to your individual needs. One such example for the RIMOWA Cabin would be: two Packing Cube L, one Packing Cube M, and four Packing Cube S